Included in Cost:
• Community and professional networking with other music educators, church music directors, or recreation-based music leaders
• Tips, strategies, models of successful implementation of the World Music Drumming Curriculum and beyond
• Professional development credits toward advancement in school-district-state framework (32 hours of credit for all sites except Milwaukee. Milwaukee is 40 due to the evening activities — see Milwaukee schedule)
• Resources and materials available via the on-site stores (West Music, all US sites; Sowah Mensah store, at all sites with Sowah as faculty).
• Housing and Meals are the attendees responsibility. Recommendations for housing are listed at each site. The Milwaukee workshop is a residency setting, with opportunities for a greater community setting (meals together, evening activities, resort setting for group activities)
Letter Template: Requesting Support to Attend a Workshop
Seeking assistance to help finance workshop attendance? Feel free to upload this sample justification letter. (Word document for ease in editing).
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Non-Credit registration costs for all workshops - $579
•••••AFTER May 20: Non-Credit registration costs for all workshops - $599
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Registration costs + 3 Graduate Semester Credits (VanderCook College of Music) - $899
••••AFTER May 20: Registration cost + 3 Graduate Semester Credits (VanderCook College of Music) - $929
"Drum It Forward", for full-time students (including spring or summer graduates); University teacher with registered university student(s) is also eligible for this option (one university faculty member per school):
•••••AFTER May 20: Price increases by $30: $340
ONLINE registration (Accepting major Credit cards, Apple pay, Paypal)
Registration for the 2020 workshops will open in October.
For those using a check or purchase order (PO): Complete the registration form and submit as e.mail, or print and mail to the address indicated on the form. For credit card payment, use the online registration.
We plan for robust registration with each venue and class; however, should a particular location or course not meet a minimum number of participants, we notify all current registrants and invite them to move their participation to another workshop, or request a refund. The decision to cancel is made three weeks before the start of a workshop that is vulnerable due to low registration numbers. See the cancellation policy in the Frequently Asked Questions section for further information.
Music Workshops, Llc. Security Policy All credit card, social security or other sensitive personal information on paper is shredded after receipt and not sold or shared with outside agencies or individuals. The one exception is that we must give information (name, address, SS#) on credit students to VanderCook College of Music.