VanderCook College of Music (accredited by North Central and NASM)
Graduate Course and Credit Information
All of the 2017 summer courses may be taken either for a non-credit fee from Music Workshops, Ltd. ($559) OR for 3 graduate semester credits ($879) from VanderCook College of Music. Registration for the 3 G credit courses is entirely through Music Workshops, Ltd. No additional application is necessary. Do not contact VanderCook College of Music to register; they will only send you back to us.
Upgrading to Graduate Credit from a Prior Non-credit Tuition Registration
It is possible for you to upgrade from a prior Non-credit Tuition ($559) to 3 G Credits ($879) by paying the $320 difference. It is common for a school district to pay the non-credit fee and for teachers to upgrade at their own expense. The upgrade must take place no later than the second day of the workshop. The upgrade cannot be done after a workshop is completed.
Requirements for receiving a satisfactory grade if registered for credit
- Full attendance at all class meetings. Please plan on spending at least eight-to-ten hours each day.
- Completion of the Curriculum Project (submitted 2-3 weeks after workshop).
- Content of your Curriculum Project:
- The purpose of the Curriculum Project is to apply workshop concepts to your teaching needs.
- It is usually better to spend several days with your instructor before deciding on a project, or feel free to discuss it by email: email@example.com.
- Project options include:
- Develop lesson plans for bringing workshop ideas back to your students.
- Write a research paper on a workshop-related topic of your choosing.
- Write plans to integrate workshop material into other parts of the school curriculum
- Develop teaching materials (arrangements, visuals, videos, computer programs/apps, smartboard materials, etc.)
- Write a grant to obtain funding necessary to buy instruments for your students.
- Submitting the Curriculum Project
- Information about project submission options (email, mail, etc.) will be given at the workshop graduate credit meeting held on the first day. Most projects get emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, graduate advisor for the program.
- If projects must be mailed (no signature required), send to:
- Patricia Bourne
- 924 N Garden #301
- Bellingham, WA 98225
- Grade and Attendance Verification
- VanderCook will send a grade report to you by after all work is finished and grades are assigned.
- Official transcripts are available from VanderCook College of Music
VanderCook Course Numbers for 2017
GRAD 7127 WORLD MUSIC DRUMMING LEVEL 1
GRAD 7137 WORLD MUSIC DRUMMING LEVEL 2
GRAD 7147 WORLD MUSIC DRUMMING LEVEL 3
GRAD 7157 DRUMMING UP THE FUN!
GRAD 7167 KIDS, CHOIR & DRUMS
GRAD 7177 CURRICULUM UPDATE
GRAD 7187 WEST AFRICAN DRUMMING
GRAD 7197 WALT HAMPTON HOT MARIMBA