VanderCook College of Music (accredited by North Central and NASM)
Graduate Course and Credit Information
All of the 2018 summer courses may be taken either for a non-credit fee from Music Workshops, Ltd. ($569) OR for 3 graduate semester credits ($889) from VanderCook College of Music. Registration for the 3 G credit courses is entirely through Music Workshops, Ltd. No additional application is necessary. Do not contact VanderCook College of Music to register; they will only send you back to us. The 2018 course numbers are listed below:
World Music Drumming Level 1: 7128
World Music Drumming Level 2: 7138
World Music Drumming Level 3: 7148
Drumming Up the Fun: 7158
Kids, Choir, and Drums: 7168
Curriculum Update: 7178
Beyond Basics: 7188
Walt Hampton Hot Marimba: 7198
WH Hot Marimba Lvl 2: 7208
Drum Around the World: 7218
Upgrading to Graduate Credit from a Prior Non-credit Tuition Registration
It is possible for you to upgrade from a prior Non-credit Tuition ($569) to 3 G Credits ($889) by paying the $320 difference. It is common for a school district to pay the non-credit fee and for teachers to upgrade at their own expense. Within the first three days of the workshop, mail a check for $320 to Music Workshops, Ltd, PO Box 3697, Minneapolis, MN 55403. OR mail credit card information (include CC#, full name visible on CC, expiration date, 3-digit CVS#, zip code associated with the card).
Include the following information in your mailing: Name, SS#, US Citizen (yes or no), last college attended, highest degree granted (letters only, ie., BME, etc.).
Requirements for receiving a satisfactory grade if registered for credit
- Full attendance at all class meetings. Please plan on spending at least eight-to-ten hours each day.
- Completion of the Curriculum Project (submitted 2-3 weeks after workshop).
- Content of your Curriculum Project:
- The purpose of the Curriculum Project is to apply workshop concepts to your teaching needs.
- It is usually better to spend several days with your instructor before deciding on a project, or feel free to discuss it by email: email@example.com.
- Project options samples include:
- Develop lesson plans for bringing workshop ideas back to your students.
- Write a research paper on a workshop-related topic of your choosing.
- Write plans to integrate workshop material into other parts of the school curriculum
- Develop teaching materials (arrangements, visuals, videos, computer programs/apps, smartboard materials, etc.)
- Write a grant to obtain funding necessary to buy instruments for your students.
- Submitting the Curriculum Project
- Information about project submission options (email, mail, etc.) will be given at the workshop graduate credit meeting held on the first day. Most projects get emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, graduate advisor for the program. Save your document as a pdf before sending, and title it the following way: VENUELASTNAMECLASS (example: WABOURNELEVEL1).
- If projects must be mailed (no signature required), send to:
- Patty Bourne, 3908 E. Maryland St., Bellingham, WA 98226
- Grade and Attendance Verification
- VanderCook will send a grade report to you by after all work is finished and grades are assigned.
- Official transcripts are available from VanderCook College of Music
VanderCook Course Numbers for 2018: will be released in early spring